Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lotus Domino Installation

Lotus represents BRAND, Domino is SERVER and Notes is CLIENT. I got the chance in Sui Northern Gas to work on this mail server and I found this very good and powerful. I will share the installation process of the Lotus Domino (Server) and Lotus Notes (Client) and some other necessary information related to this, here we go :), In this article lets see the installation of Lotus Domino:

Installation

The Installation process is in Three Steps i.e. Installation, Setup and Run

1. Installation

Run the Setup (In my case 7.0.1), click Next, Again Next, Then Give Path like D:\Lotus\Domino\, click Next, You will get Four Option like

1. Domino Utility Server, Only Application
2. Messaging Server, Only Messages
3. Enterprise Server Both
4. Customize

Select the one which suit you or which is your requirement, here I want to mention that in Lotus Domino Notes we can also configure the chat server also named as “SameTime”.
In my case I select “Enterprise Server”, click Next and Finish.

2. Setup

After you done with Installation step, you will get an icon on desktop, Double Click to run setup (Lotus Domino Server) and Setup step starts:
Click Next, Select First Server (If it is first, in my case it is), Give Server name and Server Title.

Server Name: R&D
Server Title: Domino Server for R&D

Click Next, Give Org: Name and Org: Cert Password
Org Name: xyz
Org Cert Pass: 123456

Click on Customize and Give Country Code: PK, Click OK then Click Next and for Admin and Password Click the Option “Also Save a Local Copy of ID File”

Give Domino Name: XYZ, Click Next, Setup for Internet (Three Option will List)

1. HTTP
2. Internet Call
3. Directory Services (LDAP)

In my case I chose all three options, Now Click Next, Then Customize and select TCP/IP then R&D and then give name “R&D.XYZ.COM”. click Next and Setup

Now After Setup Complete so RUN the Lotus Domino and Your Installation is complete.

NOTE: I use word Local Copy of ID, so I will talk about the ID, a total of three ID’s are created During Installation of Lotus Domino namely Server ID, Cert ID, and Admin ID.

1. Server ID: It is used to Create Server / Authentication
2. Cert ID: Used for User/Group Creation
3. Admin ID: Administrator used for Administration Purpose

This is just the installation phase now a lot of configuration is required in the server to make it fully operational.

I Hope it will be informative for You !

Cheers :)

2 comments:

Khush Dil Khan said...

Indeed very informative........

Anonymous said...

I must digg your article therefore more people are able to look at it, very helpful, I had a hard time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Murk